This evening, former President Trump issued a statement attacking Senator Mitch McConnel. Here's what he said.
The Republican Party can never again be respected or strong with political “leaders” like Sen. Mitch McConnell at its helm. McConnell’s dedication to business as usual, status quo policies, together with his lack of political insight, wisdom, skill, and personality, has rapidly driven him from Majority Leader to Minority Leader, and it will only get worse. The Democrats and Chuck Schumer play McConnell like a fiddle—they’ve never had it so good—and they want to keep it that way! We know our America First agenda is a winner, not McConnell’s Beltway First agenda or Biden’s America Last.
In 2020, I received the most votes of any sitting President in history, almost 75,000,000. Every incumbent House Republican won for the first time in decades, and we flipped 15 seats, almost costing Nancy Pelosi her job. Republicans won majorities in at least 59 of the 98 partisan legislative chambers, and the Democrats failed to flip a single legislative chamber from red to blue. And in “Mitch’s Senate,” over the last two election cycles, I single-handedly saved at least 12 Senate seats, more than eight in the 2020 cycle alone—and then came the Georgia disaster, where we should have won both U.S. Senate seats, but McConnell matched the Democrat offer of $2,000 stimulus checks with $600. How does that work? It became the Democrats’ principal advertisement, and a big winner for them it was. McConnell then put himself, one of the most unpopular politicians in the United States, into the advertisements. Many Republicans in Georgia voted Democrat, or just didn’t vote, because of their anguish at their inept Governor, Brian Kemp, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, and the Republican Party, for not doing its job on Election Integrity during the 2020 Presidential race.
It was a complete election disaster in Georgia, and certain other swing states. McConnell did nothing, and will never do what needs to be done in order to secure a fair and just electoral system into the future. He doesn’t have what it takes, never did, and never will.
My only regret is that McConnell “begged” for my strong support and endorsement before the great people of Kentucky in the 2020 election, and I gave it to him. He went from one point down to 20 points up, and won. How quickly he forgets. Without my endorsement, McConnell would have lost, and lost badly. Now, his numbers are lower than ever before, he is destroying the Republican side of the Senate, and in so doing, seriously hurting our Country.
Likewise, McConnell has no credibility on China because of his family’s substantial Chinese business holdings. He does nothing on this tremendous economic and military threat.
Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again. He will never do what needs to be done, or what is right for our Country. Where necessary and appropriate, I will back primary rivals who espouse Making America Great Again and our policy of America First. We want brilliant, strong, thoughtful, and compassionate leadership.
Prior to the pandemic, we produced the greatest economy and jobs numbers in the history of our Country, and likewise, our economic recovery after Covid was the best in the world. We cut taxes and regulations, rebuilt our military, took care of our Vets, became energy independent, built the wall and stopped the massive inflow of illegals into our Country, and so much more. And now, illegals are pouring in, pipelines are being stopped, taxes will be going up, and we will no longer be energy independent.
This is a big moment for our country, and we cannot let it pass by using third rate “leaders” to dictate our future!
Sign up for The Pavlovic Today Newsletter featuring news, scoops, exclusive interviews and expert analysis
1. Biden and Garland address crime in America Today President Biden and Attorney General Garland addressed the nation about the recent rise in gun violence in America. So far in 2021, there have been a total of 300 mass shootings,…Read more trending_flat
1. Harris to take the first border visit as VP Vice President Kamala Harris is set for her first visit as Vice President to the US-Mexico border. The trip is part of her continued focus on migration. Harris will travel to El Paso,…Read more trending_flat
1. Senate Republicans block voting rights bill On Tuesday, Senate Republicans blocked the For the People Act. Vice President Harris presided over the Senate during the vote, even though she was not required to be there. 50…Read more trending_flat
1. Biden’s vision for crime and police Ahead of Biden’s remarks on crime tomorrow, Psaki spoke on the administration’s vision for crime prevention and police reform in America. She specifically mentioned the increase…Read more trending_flat
Supreme Court Rules Against NCAA The Supreme Court voted unanimously on Monday against the NCAA and their treatment of college athletes. The ruling allows for more money to go to college athletes rather than the billion-dollar industry.…Read more trending_flat
1. Voting Rights Act Set to Fail Talk about the filibuster continues, as an expansive voting rights bill heads to a Senate vote later this week. The For the People Act would overhaul federal voting legislation. It’s largely…Read more trending_flat